Alan's asylum

What, just because I play video games for a living doesn't mean I get to rant.. does it?

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

RIAA Shuts Down MMORPG Movie Site

The RIAA is at it again! Now they managed to shut down RPGFilms.net, a game movie hosting site for World of Warcraft, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest II, and other MMORPG game movies! ...all because there was music in the videos!

read more | digg story

This is just absurd in my opinion. This site (and others like it) are not advertising these videos as a means to listen to the songs that are contained within. These movies were works of art that were created for the general enjoyment of others. I guess this is where copywrite laws really hinder creativity (once again).

I would have a problem if these people said the works were completely theirs, but most people even put credits in the end of their movies which stated the title and artist of the song(s) used.

UGH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home